The mission of the Bartlett Arboretum and Gardens is to provide a sanctuary to explore, enjoy, and learn about the habitats of the natural world.
We accomplish this by:
- Preserving a 93-acre sanctuary of southwest New England natural ecosystems for generations to explore and enjoy
- Providing comprehensive environmental, horticulture and plant science educational programs for children and adults
- Providing opportunities for recreation, enjoyment and exploration of the natural world for all ages
- Maintaining a diverse collection of trees, gardens and plants that celebrate biodiversity and reflect the ecology and character of our region
- Promoting conservation and principles of sustainable landscape management
Vision: To inspire generations to care about and conserve Earth’s resources.
Support Our Work
Gifts from members, corporations, employees, volunteers, and foundations are put to work immediately to fund the Bartlett Arboretum's highest priorities: the programs, grounds, and facilities that make the Arboretum such a special place. Your support is vital to maintaining and perpetuating the mission of the Arboretum. No gift is too large, nor is any gift too small. An institution like the Bartlett Arboretum thrives to the extent that its donor base supports it. We recognize that you have philanthropic choices, and we are grateful that you have made the Bartlett Arboretum a priority. It follows that those who heartily believe in the value of community treasures like the Bartlett can do tremendous good through the simple act of making an annual contribution toward the operating budget. Learn more.