Happy New Year! January is the month to start thinking about your gardening goals for 2018. Do you want to learn more about gardening? Enhance your existing garden? Begin planning a new garden?
There’s a lot to consider. To not feel overwhelmed, why not pick a few resolutions for 2018 and plan accordingly. Then keep adding to those resolutions year by year until you achieve the garden or yard of your dreams!
Here’s a few to pick and choose from:
- Hang a bird feeder.
- Build a compost bin.
- Start seeds to grow your own vegetables and herbs.
- Build a raised bed.
- Plant a fruit tree…or two.
- Take gardening classes: Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens Backyard Gardening Series begins March 1!
- Add window boxes to your home, fence, or balcony.
- Plant lots of colorful flowers for bees and pollinators.
- Save seeds from flowers and vegetables to plant next year.
- Buy new gardening tools.
- Give plants as gifts all year long: Join the Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens at our plant sale Mother’s Day weekend on May 12.
- Tour gardens to be inspired! Buy or renew your membership to the Bartlett and use your card at more than 300 reciprocal free admission gardens.
- Invite friends into the garden to share your passion!
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your garden unplugged!
Did we miss any New Year's resolutions? Please share and let us know.
Happy New Year - Cheers to gardening!