If you are not already a
member, join now to
receive discounts on Bartlett Arboretum events & classes and at many local businesses.
Click Here for more information about the benefits of Membership & join online!
Help needed with
an event mailing:
Tuesday, March 12th
from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, March 13th
from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Email to Volunteer
American Orchid Society
|Orchid Judging by the Northeast Judging Center
Every third Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Northeast Judging Center of the American Orchid Society is pleased to announce that, beginning July 2012, its monthly judging held on the 3rd Saturday of each month will now take at the Bartlett Arboretum and Gardens in the new educational center. We are excited at the prospect of developing a long-term partnership with the Bartlett, one of the premier arboretums and gardens in the Northeast, including the development of educational opportunities for the orchid-growing public and making available for on-site usage the extensive collection of books and journals related to orchids currently owned by the Northeast Judging Center.
ABOUT AOS JUDGING
American Orchid Society judges are dedicated volunteers who serve the AOS membership and the orchid-growing public through participation in the Society's judging system. Each judge has made a sincere, long-term commitment, and gives much of their personal time and resources. AOS Judges are not compensated for their services or travel to various judging events.
The AOS's judging system is comprised of 35 Centers throughout the United States and Canada. These Centers provide opportunities to have plants judged on specified monthly dates, as well as at AOS-approved orchid shows and events. Center activities are open to visitors who wish to see the judging process in operation or bring their plants to be evaluated. The Northeast Judging Center provides two such judging opportunities each month, on the first and third Saturdays.
These will now be:
• On the first Saturday of each month at Tower Hill Botanic Garden,
11 French Road, Boylston, MA 01505 (508) 869-6111
• On the third Saturday of each month at Bartlett Arboretum and Gardens,
151 Brookdale Road, Stamford, CT 06903 (203) 322-6971
Orchid plants may be submitted for judging using the following guidelines:
• All orchid plants or cut flowers submitted at a monthly judging session are candidates for an award.
• Plants must be entered in the most presentable condition possible.
• Plants may be entered by the owner in person or by someone else on his/her behalf. The exhibitor completes a single sheet entry form for each plant entered for judging. After an entry number is assigned the exhibitor places the entry form with the plant on the display table.