Description: A seasonal full-time position with Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens as counselor for our fun, nature-based summer camp. Counselors are responsible for providing a fun, safe and educationally-effective environment in a nature day-camp setting. Counselors are responsible for assisting the lead educator with all camp activities and programming. Counselors will help to provide high quality outdoor educational and recreational experiences for participants that focus on nature, STEAM, environmental stewardship, and most importantly FUN!
- Assist in the organization and implementation of camp activities.
- Help to ensure campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Participate in implementation of all program activities.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Be alert to camper needs and discuss any problems with lead educator.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure proper use, care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to head counselor or camp director.
- Be a positive role model for campers and staff.
- Ensure positive attitude, behavior and interaction with campers and staff at all times.
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
- Set a good example to campers and others with regard to general camp procedures and practices, including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
- Other Job Duties
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures and safety guidelines associated with the camp program.
- Must have completed junior year of high school and be at least 16 years of age.
- Experience working in a camp setting or experience working with children.
- Ability to lead, organize, and implement program activities and crafts.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for the botanical and natural world and sharing it with children and adults is a must.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, hiking, team building initiatives, basic survival skills, physical games, and gardening activities.
Please email resume and cover letter to: